Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Sweet Little Gift

This past weekend my little girl and her best friend both turned 3. The other mom and I were friends before the girls were born, and they were born on the same day at the same hospital delivered by the same doctor. They have literally been friends since the womb!

My daughter's little friend loves little things (think anything that fits in your hand) and mermaids. So when I found a pattern for these on Etsy....

I knew they would be the perfect gift!
So, I ordered the pattern from Gulf Coast Cottage, purchased the felt and thread, and got to work! Making both of the mermaids took about an hour and a half from start to finish (but it was my very first time making anything like this). The pattern was so easy to follow, and even provided pictures for those of us who need to "see" things (Um, me!).




These are not for sale and won't be in my shop because the patterns are for personal use only, but they do make excellent patterns for gifts. This is also a gift recommended for ages 4 and up, but I know the little girl I gave them to loves little things and is mature enough to play with them. Especially if you know a little one who has a love for mermaids! So go check out Gulf Coast Cottage's shop! There's more than just mermaids begging to be made!

1 comment:

  1. And as the mom of the recipient of these little mermaids, I can say they are a big hit!

    ReplyDelete