Saturday, November 6, 2010

Brrrr it has gotten chilly!

I love this time of year....the leaves are falling like rain in my back yard, the air is crisp, and the temperature has finally cooled down after a long, hot GA summer. This is also the perfect time of year for chili. Here's my recipe (the original is by my friend Patty....I changed mine slightly):

1 lb. cooked Ground Turkey
1 can Bushes Magic chili starter
3 cans kidney beans (I use two light red and one dark red)
2 cans rotel
1 can diced tomatoes
chili powder to taste
1 small chopped onion (I cook it in the skillet a little with the turkey)

Then I just dump all of that into the crock pot, let it sit on low for 4-5 hours, and it's ready to go! I absolutely love it and it makes a lot so you can have it afterwards for leftovers.

Feel free to share your chili recipe too! Happy cooking!



No comments:

Post a Comment