Thursday, July 8, 2010

Little Dresses

Below is one of my favorite dress patterns..... Why? Because. It's. Simple! All of these are dresses I made last year. I have yet to make one this year, and I really don't know why *ahem*. It might be because we moved and had boxes everywhere for a while; or because my sewing machine was packed away and had to be found; or because I went through a little period of time where I wanted to sew, but I just couldn't bring myself to drag out all of my materials. In this case, "all of the above" would be a correct answer. Moving put me into a little bit of a sewing (or not sewing) funk.... digging my materials out of boxes, sorting things, trying to re-organize....I just wasn't up to the task for a while. However, NOW I am ready....I'm energized...I'm excited. I want to make new things....and put new twists on old things. I want to really give my shop a GO. So....there are a few things I'm going to be doing differently, but you'll just have to stay tuned to check it out.....
But until then, here are the sweet little dresses I adore.... (I also adore the sweet girl wearing them)....
This last one is actually longer than the intended length (which is supposed to be just below the knee)....I made it so it would fit her this year too, and it does. :o)

2 comments:

  1. Do you use elastic thread for the shirring at the top? The only kind I found was actually too thick to go through my needle...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do use elastic thread! I hand wind it into the bobbin and it works great!

    ReplyDelete